Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fly Tying

I was introduced by a friend of mine using a fly to fish a few months back. At first i really have no confidence in this little thing but was soon impress by my friend's catch. I caught a few too but lost it due to some reel jamming issue (its good to have a reliable equipment). Soon after the catch results i started to tie my own fly. I learn to tie most of the fly from Henry who is from COHO (a fly fishing shop at bali lane). I can say he is a very friendly and helpful guy, u name it he teach it, all the way from the basic. People there in the shop are nice too.


But 1 thing about using fly is that you have to change colour or pattern when fish is not biting, so keep changing and trying. In some of the cases i encounter at certain place is that when lures is not that effective, you may wanna try a fly or vice verca. Therefore, it is good to bring some flys along. Below are some of the flys i learned.

-Franky












No comments: